Curried Squash Soup with Coconut Milk
A delicious, quick and easy three-squash soup flavored with garlic oil, fresh ginger and curry.
- Coconut oil 1 tablespoon
- Garlic oil 1 tablespoon
- Minced fresh ginger 1 tablespoon
- Pattypan squash, diced 8
- Zucchini, diced 2 medium
- Gluten-, onion- and garlic-free curry powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Ground coriander ¾ teaspoon
- Ground cumin ½ teaspoon
- Ground cloves ¼ teaspoon
- Cayenne ¼ teaspoon
- Homemade (onion- and garlic-free) vegetable broth 4 cups
- Light coconut milk ½ cup
- Pure pumpkin purée 1 cup
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish 2 tablespoons
- Heat the coconut oil and garlic oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add the pattypan squash and zucchini, and cook, stirring frequently, until the squash softens, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the curry powder, salt, coriander, cumin, cloves, and cayenne, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute more. Add the broth, coconut milk and pumpkin purée and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Purée the soup either in a blender in batches, or in the pot using an immersion blender. Return to heat if needed and heat through.
- Serve hot, garnished with cilantro.
You may also be interested in
Ginger-Orange Braised Short Ribs
A recipe for tender, “fall-from-the-bone” short ribs with an intense Asian flavor.
Caramelized Upside-Down Banana Cake
While baking, the bananas caramelize in a mixture of melted butter and brown sugar at the bottom, which is soon to become the top.
Turkey and Sweet Potato Chili
This delectable chili replaces beans with sweet potatoes and spices.