Turkey and Sweet Potato Chili
This delectable chili replaces beans with sweet potatoes and spices.
- Garlic oil 2 tablespoons
- Ground turkey 1¼ pounds
- Red bell pepper, chopped 1
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Ground cumin ½ teaspoon
- Gluten-, onion- and garlic-free chili powder ¼ teaspoon
- Paprika ¼ teaspoon
- Bay leaf 1
- Onion- and garlic-free diced tomatoes with juice 1 (14½-ounce) can
- Diced green chiles 1 (4-ounce) can
- Canned corn, drained and rinsed 1 cup
- Onion and garlic-free tomato sauce 1 cup
- Water ¾ cup
Sweet potato, peeledand diced into ½-inch cubes1
- Chopped fresh cilantro 2 tablespoons
- Heat the garlic oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and cook, stirring and breaking up the meat with a spatula, until it is browned, about 5 minutes. Add the bell pepper and cook until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes more.
- Add the salt, cumin, chili powder, paprika, and bay leaf and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes with their juice, chiles, corn, tomato sauce, water, and sweet potato, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Serve hot, garnished with cilantro.
You may also be interested in
Curried Squash Soup with Coconut Milk
A delicious, quick and easy three-squash soup flavored with garlic oil, fresh ginger and curry.
Caramelized Upside-Down Banana Cake
While baking, the bananas caramelize in a mixture of melted butter and brown sugar at the bottom, which is soon to become the top.
Ginger-Orange Braised Short Ribs
A recipe for tender, “fall-from-the-bone” short ribs with an intense Asian flavor.