Turkey and Sweet Potato Chili
This delectable chili replaces beans with sweet potatoes and spices.
- Garlic oil 2 tablespoons
- Ground turkey 1¼ pounds
- Red bell pepper, chopped 1
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Ground cumin ½ teaspoon
- Gluten-, onion- and garlic-free chili powder ¼ teaspoon
- Paprika ¼ teaspoon
- Bay leaf 1
- Onion- and garlic-free diced tomatoes with juice 1 (14½-ounce) can
- Diced green chiles 1 (4-ounce) can
- Canned corn, drained and rinsed 1 cup
- Onion and garlic-free tomato sauce 1 cup
- Water ¾ cup
Sweet potato, peeledand diced into ½-inch cubes1
- Chopped fresh cilantro 2 tablespoons
- Heat the garlic oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and cook, stirring and breaking up the meat with a spatula, until it is browned, about 5 minutes. Add the bell pepper and cook until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes more.
- Add the salt, cumin, chili powder, paprika, and bay leaf and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes with their juice, chiles, corn, tomato sauce, water, and sweet potato, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Serve hot, garnished with cilantro.
Get 135 Recipes
Sign up for email updates and to receive your copy of The Quiet Gut Cookbook.
You may also be interested in
Curried Squash Soup with Coconut Milk
A delicious, quick and easy three-squash soup flavored with garlic oil, fresh ginger and curry.
Caramelized Upside-Down Banana Cake
While baking, the bananas caramelize in a mixture of melted butter and brown sugar at the bottom, which is soon to become the top.
Ginger-Orange Braised Short Ribs
A recipe for tender, “fall-from-the-bone” short ribs with an intense Asian flavor.