Entyvio for Ulcerative Colitis
ENTYVIO made remission real for many people with moderate to severe ulcerative colitis (UC)
In two clinical trials, ENTYVIO delivered results for adults with moderate to severe ulcerative colitis when other medicines had not worked well enough or could not be tolerated.
The first study evaluated response to ENTYVIO versus placebo at Week 6. The second study included adults who had a previous response to ENTYVIO at Week 6 and evaluated remission at Week 52.
Results were seen as early as 6 weeks
as many people achieve response
At 6 weeks of treatment, 47% of people on ENTYVIO achieved response*
compared to 26% of people on placebo.
MORE THAN TWICE
as many people achieve
remission at 1 year
42% of people on ENTYVIO achieved remission† at 1 year of treatment,
compared to 16% of people on placebo.
*Response is a measure to determine improvement of the patient's UC symptoms and condition.
†Remission is a measure to determine when a patient with UC is experiencing a few to no symptoms and an improvement in their condition.
In the ENTYVIO clinical studies, clinical response and remission was defined and measured by improvement in the Mayo score, an assessment tool that measures stool frequency, rectal bleeding, appearance of the mucosal lining of the colon, and physician assessment.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
- Do not receive ENTYVIO if you have had an allergic reaction to ENTYVIO or any of its ingredients.
- ENTYVIO may cause serious side effects, including:
- Infusion-related and serious allergic reactions can happen while you are receiving ENTYVIO or several hours after treatment. You may need treatment if you have an allergic reaction. Tell your healthcare provider or get immediate medical help if you get any of these symptoms during or after an infusion of ENTYVIO; rash, itching, swelling of your lips, tongue, throat, or face, shortness of breath or trouble breathing, wheezing, dizziness, feeling hot, or palpitations (feeling like your heart is racing).
Please see additional Important Safety Information below.
Results your doctor can see
For many people, ENTYVIO helped improve how their intestinal lining looked to their doctor.
- As early as Week 6, 41% of patients experienced improvement compared to 25% of people on placebo
- At 1 year, 52% of patients experienced improvement compared to 20% on placebo
In a separate head-to-head study,
Humira is a registered trademark of AbbVie, Inc. For information related to adalimumab, please see AbbVie.com.
adult patients with moderate to severe UC than HUMIRA achieve remission at 1 year
31% of people on ENTYVIO achieved remission at 1 year compared
to 23% of people on HUMIRA.
Ask your doctor if ENTYVIO is right for you.
Sign up for EntyvioConnect
Ready to access everything EntyvioConnect has to offer? Sign up today!Sign up
What’s an ENTYVIO infusion like?
Questions about infusions? Here’s how it works.Learn more
What's it like to get an ENTYVIO infusion?
Here's what you can expect when you take ENTYVIO.Learn more